1. In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduced? Discuss.
2. Television is a very powerful medium of influence over large populations. There are many positive aspects to television. For example, it is an educational tool. However many people feel that it is doing irreparable harm. Present argumentation to highlight your opinion on this matter.
3. Outdoor recreation such as mountain climbing, camping and hiking bring us closer to nature and are ideal activities to encourage family bonding. Discuss.
4. The younger generation is up-to-date with new techniques and advances in Science. They are often better able to make important decisions than their parents are. Discuss.
5. Over the past twenty to thirty years there has been a noticeable trend away from many forms of discipline within the family. A recent survey highlighted the fact that most people feel that parents are too permissive with their children. Discuss.
6. As a result of countries becoming more and more industrialized, pollution has become a serious problem. Discuss some ways that this children. Discuss.
7. Overpopulation if unchecked will bring about the destruction of this planet. Discuss ways of controlling this problem.
8. Many are of the opinion that the Internet is inundating our children with dangerous information. There is however no doubt that the Internet represents great advances in communication and the dissemination of information. Discuss the pros and cons of the Internet.
9. Salaries paid to employees are an accurate reflection of their value to society. Discuss. In approaching this task, consider in particular salaries paid to nurses, doctors, sports-persons, movie stars, teachers and farmers.