HỌC TIẾNG ANH QUA THÀNH NGỮ
- CRUNCH TIME: Thời gian trước khi công việc sắp hoàn thành và mọi người phải làm việc chăm chỉ
- I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.
2. LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY: Khiến cho người khác thấy điểm khác biệt của bạn
- My colleagues were surprised at the Christmas party- I let my freak flag fly and showed them a break dance routine.
3. GET OUT OF HAND: Khi bạn mất điều khiển thứ gì đó
- The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.
4. GET YOUR HEAD AROUND IT: Để hiểu điều gì đó
- I just can’t get my head around the factthat Joe is leaving us.
5. DIG IN YOUR HEELS / STICK TO YOUR GUNS: Từ chối thương lượng hoặc thay đổi suy nghĩ
- My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels and went on to become a famous writer.
- My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I stuck to my guns and went on to become a famous writer.
6. POUND THE PAVEMENT: Bước trên phố để xin việc
- I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.
7. PULL A RABBIT OUT OF A HAT: Làm điều gì đó không tưởng
- I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.
8. LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED: Làm mọi thứ để đạt được thành công
- I’ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.
9. GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM:to do something you’ve wanted to do for a long time and don’t want to postpone any longer Làm điều mà bạn muốn làm từ lâu
- I wasn’t sure how she was going to react, but I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.
10. STEP UP YOUR GAME: Bắt đầu thể hiện tốt
- If you want to win this competition, you’ll have to step up your game.